Fortuner 2016+ 1250 x 2000mm
EEZI-AWN K9 roof racks are built very differently from others. Purpose designed to withstand more severe & sustained 4wd use than the mainstream brands you know can handle.
But they're also attractive roof racks that offer an ultra low 35mm profile, whisper quiet performance and extra versatility with twice the number of tracks/channels.
Developed and tested over two years in Africa to be the world's toughest roof racks. Proven on every major continent on Earth by serious global 4wd expedition groups.
How is a true commercial expedition-grade roof rack built differently? Flip them over to see how they're built. No other brand sold in NZ is engeineered like this:
- Super heavy duty support structure beneath the main planks, welded in. No other roof rack brand sold in NZ is engineered like this!
- Thick alloy corner sections welded in. Gone are the plastic/nylon corner inserts and rivets/screws that hold other roof racks together.
- Developed over a two year period at EEZI-AWN's world renowned facility in South Africa, where for 40 years some of the world's best 4wd overland gear has been designed & manufactured.
- Unmatched 10 powder coated all metal track mount legs achieve unmatched load distribution between the superior, reinforced platform rack and the super robust EEZI-AWN K9 vehicle roof tracks.
- Alloy wind deflector included at no extra charge, while front to rear plank arrangement naturally create less wind noise/resistance.
- Twin 8mm channels on every plank, plus a 6mm perimeter track. Many more mounting combinations. And the tracks take a standard bolt head from any hardware store, not a fiddly channel nut that's hard to source.
- Many EEZI-AWN K9 rack accessories available here: https://www.xpeditionz.co.nz/eezi-awn-k9-roof-racks
Look beyond popular mainstream brands for much better gear for serious 4wd overland builds.
"South African company Eezi-Awn has developed a true expedition-strength, flat-deck roof rack that delivers superior carrying capacity, as well as low wind noise and minimal drag".
"All up, the K9 is the most versatile, practical and rugged rack I’ve ever seen or used.... It’s hard to pick a fault with the K9 and I’d give it a 99/100 score".
"For extra strength, the K9 rack is welded as opposed to being bolted together to prevent any rattling over time. The K9’s longitudinal slat design and slim 35mm profile are designed to reduce both wind resistance and wind noise, aided by a deflector panel up front. This makes the K9 rack perfect for fitment on an SUV where wind noise is an important consideration".
SA4x4 (South Africa)