79 Series Land Cruiser - 1400x1600mm
N.B. In stock end January. Orders placed now will be dispatched end Jan/early Feb
The most proven, commercial expedition-grade roof racks in NZ.
Purpose designed and tested over two years in Africa to be the toughest roof rack system available. Proven on every major continent on Earth by the world's most serious 4wd explorers.
But also attractive roof racks with an ultra slim 35mm profile, whisper quiet performance and extra versatility with twice the number of tracks/channels.
How does a genuine expedition-grade roof rack differ from the popular mainstream brands you know?
See the photos of an EEZI-AWN K9 rack upside down. Others are not built like this!
- Gone is all the plastic/nylon corners and rivets/screws that hold other brand platform racks together. EEZI-AWN K9 platforms have thick alloy corner sections, welded in.
- Super heavy duty support structure beneath the main planks, welded in. This gives EEZI-AWN K9 platform racks superior load distribution characteristics. (It also eliminates the need for user rack assembly). This is a defining feature, with many competing products having no support structure at all.
- Light Weight. Strength through superior engineering, but constructed from aluminium to keep it light.
- Superior load distribution. Extra gutter mount legs. A comparatively high number of all metal gutter mount legs achieve near continuous distribution of loads from the platform rack to the vehicle gutters/roof, eliminating point loading.
- The most versatile, easy to use roof racks you will find. Twin 8mm channels on every plank, plus a 6mm perimeter track, gives more mounting combinations to suit every load. Tracks take a standard M8/M6 bolt head, not a fiddly channel nut that's difficult to source.
- Alloy wind deflector included at no extra charge, not a costly optional extra. Additionally, lengthwise (front to rear) alloy plank arrangement naturally creates less wind noise/resistance.
- Many EEZI-AWN K9 rack accessories available here: https://www.xpeditionz.co.nz/eezi-awn-k9-roof-racks
Look beyond mainstream brands for better gear for serious 4wd's.
"South African company Eezi-Awn has developed a true expedition-strength, flat-deck roof rack that delivers superior carrying capacity, as well as low wind noise and minimal drag".
"All up, the K9 is the most versatile, practical and rugged rack I’ve ever seen or used.... It’s hard to pick a fault with the K9 and I’d give it a 99/100 score".
"For extra strength, the K9 rack is welded as opposed to being bolted together to prevent any rattling over time. The K9’s longitudinal slat design and slim 35mm profile are designed to reduce both wind resistance and wind noise, aided by a deflector panel up front. This makes the K9 rack perfect for fitment on an SUV where wind noise is an important consideration".
SA4x4 (South Africa)