EEZI-AWN Xklusive Roof Top Tent 1400mm, including annex/room & woven floor
EEZI-AWN's iconic flagship model, repeatedly proven on every continent on Earth. A true South African engineered world expedition-grade product, the 'Xklusive T-Top' is the result of continual refinement over decades. The annex/room and woven floor are included. We believe this is the only tent in NZ with a real canvas annex/room - and it's real South African woven canvas too, which is simply unbeatable. This is an all new quality standard for our local market, putting the Xklusive T-Top in a class of its own, without a direct competitor in NZ.
- Proven pedigree: The ultimate heavy duty canvas tent, from the world's pre-eminent roof tent manufacturer, with nearly 40 years in the business. The final evolution of decades of testing and development on every continent on Earth.
- Faster to setup than other canvas roof tents! EEZI-AWN travel covers don't have a fiddly zip, instead they have an innovative built-in ratcheting mechanism. A group product test by Expedition Portal found this made EEZI-AWN tents one of the easiest and fastest to setup.
- 360gsm real South African woven (not Chinese) polycotton canvas. The ultimate canvas, sometimes referred to as 'military spec' - there is nothing else like it in NZ. It cannot be compared by fabric weight (gsm) alone. You should ideally see/feel this canvas at an upcoming exhibit to appreciate the quality difference. Canvas of this specification is known to last many, many years, when properly cared for.
- The annex/room is included AND is also made from real South African polycotton canvas. This is unique - other similar looking tents in NZ offer an annex/room constructed from inferior, short-lived Chinese polyester/synthetic plastic material. For those specifically looking for a tent with an excellent annex/room, this is it.
- The annex/room is constructed from 260gsm South African polycotton canvas (main tent 360gsm). The high quality woven floor, visible in the photos, is also included. Annex/room window has 3 layers - robust mesh, privacy layer and outer clear PVC. The room itself assembles uniquely as a series of canvas walls, each with a PVC storm flap at the bottom. This makes assembly quicker and easier, and also means you don't have to assemble the whole room. You may just want one or two panels to block wind/rain from one direction. With other tents the annex/room is an 'all or nothing' proposition.
- SABS approved mattress. The 65mm covered mattress is approved by the South African Bureau of Standards. EEZI-AWN goes to lengths to ensure their tents are as comfortable as they are durable.
- No polyester - not even the tent fly! EEZI-AWN tent fly's are uniquely constructed from UV stabilised, reinforced PVC. This is unique among roof tents, but is in keeping with EEZI-AWN's philosophy of only using the finest materials.
- Superior meranti reinforced, plywood baseboard. Rebranded Chinese made tents, as typically sold in NZ, went in the direction of aluminium baseboards (aluminium being a very poor insulator!) to drive lower production cost. The original and pre-eminent South African roof tent designers (not only EEZI-AWN) continue to specify more costly real wood baseboards, because their objective is to make the world's superior performing tents. No other baseboard material insulates like real solid core meranti reinforced plywood, and everything that assists in reducing condensation in your roof tent is very welcome indeed.
- A Real investment. Whether you're keeping for the long term or later wish to sell, we believe this combination of superior quality, longer life materials and ultimate global brand, will retain value better.
As a true commercial grade product the Xklusive T-Top is one of the few tents durable enough to be relied on for serious 4wd excursions across the harshest environments on Earth, but they're also simply the most comfortable & best performing tents to use day-in-day-out. EEZI-AWN tents exude quality and will provide years of superior service in NZ.
These are by some distance the very best soft shell roof tents available in NZ. At this level of original design, globally proven pedigree, superior materials quality (especially the South African woven 360gsm canvas, meranti reinforced plywood baseboards and SABS approved 65mm mattress), NZ's local assortment of rebranded, Chinese made tents simply cannot compare. Our 'Series 3' and 'Xklusive T-Top' models are handmade by expert craftsmen/craftswomen at EEZI-AWN's world leading facility in South Africa, where the world's finest roof tents have long originated from.
4wd rental fleets serving day-in-day-out in Africa typically specify EEZI-AWN tents up top (mounted on EEZI-AWN roof racks and load bars). You can expect years of comfortable & dependable service.
Weight: 87kg (including weight of the heavy woven floor and 4x canvas walls - these store in separate canvas bag provided, which is normally carried in your vehicle rather than on the roof)
Open Dimensions: 2440mm x 1400mm x 1300mm high
Closed Dimensions: 1220mm x 1400mm x 280mm high